My interest and passion with issues pertaining to fertility and pregnancy grew from research I did while in school studying for my credential in Holistic Nutrition. There are far too many men and women suffering with the trauma of unexplained infertility, miscarriage, or other conditions that cause unhealthy pregnancies -- often due to underlying health conditions, nutritional imbalances or deficiencies (man or woman) that have gone unchecked. My hope is that the information and step-by-step strategies contained in BABY MAKER will help guide these couples to achieving successful outcomes.
Every person or couple who dreams of becoming a parent one day, should have the opportunity to experience the creation of life as the joyous, miraculous experience it was meant to be. Preparing your body in advance by addressing health concerns and improving nutritional status can make a huge difference in realizing this dream, and is indeed a small price to pay.
I am a Nutrition Consultant and also Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition (as administered by the HNCB, a division of NANP). I am a business professional, educator, author, and strategist for the Holistic Nutrition industry.
Prior to my own personal struggles with multiple sclerosis and becoming a Nutrition Consultant, I spent over 25 years in the securities industry, with about 15 years in senior management. My corporate career provided me with amazing opportunities in the area of sales, product development, project management, and managing multi-state distributed sales forces.
In December, 2015, I was elected to serve on the Board of Directors for the National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP), and as-of January, 2017, elevated to Secretary and part of the Executive Committee. I am extremely excited to have the opportunity to contribute to the Holistic Nutrition industry in this context.
Other past and upcoming speaking and media engagements are listed below:
- Guest lecturer, “Holistic Nutrition as Adjunct Therapy with Homeopathy”, Centre of Homeopathic Education of London in NYC, April, 2015.
- Quoted in Heathline online magazine, “5 Natural Remedies for MS Nerve Pain in the Legs and Feet”, August, 2015.
- Quoted in Vivala online magazine, “Aloe Vera: The Miracle Plan You Didn’t Know You Needed in Your Life”, May, 2016.
- Guest lecturer, “Holistic Nutrition as Adjunct Therapy with Homeopathy”, Centre of Homeopathic Education of London in NYC, 2017.
- Guest blogger, “What Are You Eating That May Cause Infertility?”, Health Begins With Mom web site, June, 2017.
- Webinar, “My Career in Holistic Nutrition – Planning for Success”, Hawthorn University, May, 2017.
- Podcast interview, "Impact of Nutrition and Health on Fertility", Health Begins With Mom, scheduled for release July, 2017.
- Guest blogger, "Is Poor Nutrition Linked to Infertility?", You Are Well web site, scheduled for July/Aug, 2017.
- Podcast interview, You Are Well , scheduled for early 2018 .
- Podcast interview, GetBetterWellness, scheduled for early 2018.
Additional details about my background can be viewed on my general web site, www.NutritonLifeStrategies.com
I find my past work experiences, as well as working with people of many different backgrounds and life stages, is very powerful when combined with my education in Holistic Nutrition. Helping people find their path to wellness by changing lifestyle and diet choices, is more rewarding than I could have imagined. It is truly an honor to work with each and every client.
I was born and raised in Waukegan, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. I am married, have five grown daughters (mine and his), nine grandchildren, two dogs (see photo) and a cat. Pennsylvania has been home for me since 1995 when I relocated for a corporate position. I currently reside in Philadelphia, and work virtually with clients across the U.S. via phone and Skype.
Barbara is an educator, strategist and speaker for the holistic nutrition industry, specializing in autoimmune disease, infertility, and chronic fatigue and stress. Learn more at Nutrition Life Strategies website »